Convento de Cristo, Tomar


"The feeling you get from being in a place cannot be replicated by photographs seen or by words read nor spoken."

The Convento de Cristo sits on a hill high above Tomar, the Knight's Templar capital of the world. It took five centuries to build, was influenced by Moorish, Manuelin, and gothic architecture and is one of my favorite places to go in Portugal. This place gives an accurate feeling of Old World Europe that you can't get unless you visit.
(Pictured above are o marido and my niece and nephew from when they visited in December 2012. Some photos are from summer 2011 when I first moved to Portugal and some are from 2012.)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

What a stunning place! Your photos are gorgeous, thanks for sharing:)

Unknown said...

Thank you Nancy! It's hard to capture on camera what you feel though! I'm sure you know exactly what I mean :D

Anonymous said...

Rochelle you can have no idea how much your nephew, niece and I loved being in Portugal with you and your family. The fact that you took the time to take us to this and other places is priceless.

Unknown said...

I wish we could have taken you to more places while you were here! Next time we'll find another place to go to :D

 

Flickr